Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just some things I love to recycle!!


Just thought I show you something I love to make!!! I've been making these little pin cushions for awhile now. People just love them at the sales I sell them at. It was kinda funny how I got the ideal for them. I kept seeing a little girls dress shoe on the side of the expressway I always travel on. I kept thinking I can do something with that. But knowing it's to dangerous to stop on that part of the e-way. I didn't get it. Then one day I was looking at my cutter quilt pieces and thought I know, I can make pin cushions combining them both! Plus I love to make the tags too. I always buy any cutter quilt pieces I see as it breaks my heart to see people cut them like that. I also use vintage materials. Right now is the time of year I pick up the sweet shoes, and look for more cutter quilts at the sales. These are the ones I have left right now. My next adventure of using something to recycle from the expressway is the brown liquor bottles I see!! This time I did stop and get one as it is a safer place to stop. I told my friend and she just kept saying" you really stopped and got the bottle?" She couldn't believe!! But I did!! LOL and my daughters friend came in and saw it drying on my dish drainer and said "Fran. you don't drink"!! I told her and Kati what I was doing with it, both just shook their heads and understood!! I'll show ya that when I finish up with it!! Here is another cute one I did alittle country/prim style. The scuffs are from the little girl who wore them!! Love it!!


11 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

What a cute idea! Just goes to show you how the simplest things can be repurposed into something amazing!

Jill

mysteryhistorymom said...

Fran- These are precious! I can't choose which one I like the best!:) Lori

Yarni Gras! said...

of them all, that last one with the scuff marks is my fav...totally cute!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

So cute! Makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of all the tiny shoes....
Not doing so well at BINGO! Good grief. I have one thing to cross off. ONE! This might take me forever.

Molly said...

Hi Fran! Thank you for the sweet words you left! I love the baby shoe pincushions, very cute! The squares on the embroidery project are really easy to do if you want I can help you out when you decide to start one. Have a hapy week!
~Molly P

Olenka said...

There is no way to choose a favorite here they are all just simply adorable!!

The homesteadingcottage said...

How cute!! Such lovely creations (: I just became a follower and look forward to coming back for future posts (:

Michele

genie said...

OH, GOODIE....Now I have something to do with my 70 year old shoes....I am one of those sentimentalists who will not even give away her baby doll....I LOVE YOUR IDEA. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by for a visit at my bottomsforbaga.blogspot.com site. You will see I LOVE ME, too.....hugs, Genie

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

These are so cute ! What a wonderful idea !
Blessings,
~Myrna

The Tin Rabbit said...

These are tooo cute! I just became a follower!*!* I'll be back!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing your bedroom. It shows me more of who you are...you are an old soul for sure. Stop by today and you'll see that you are busy darning socks with Jill from Bucks Country...dear ol' Aunt Hattie needs you...smiling and enjoying the day!
Going to be a vendor today at a flea market...yipeee!