Monday, February 15, 2010

Another view from my window with God!

This is a Northern Flicker bird. This another view as I was praying one morning. It is an awesome bird,and is in the woodpecker family. It's about 12 inches big. It amazed me as I looked out and saw it! It has alot of yellow under it's belly when it flys! It has dots on it's belly as you can see, and stripes too. I think the red spot on it's neck kinda look likes a heart!  It has been coming back to feed alot! I am so blessed with the little gifts of God out my window. I am recovering from surgery right now and it is so awesome to look out my window. My husband has alot of bird feeding setups for me to watch, as I also spend alot of time in my bed with pain from my bladder disease I have. But God is good and sends these little gifts my way!!! XO

8 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh Sweetie-Surgery again?:( You should get some kind of perks for this! You know- a better room, massages, maybe a personal chef... You poor thing. I love that you are enjoying the birdies, though. That flicker is gorgeous!!! Hope you are reading some Nancy.:) I will pray that you will be on the mend so very soon, dear friend! Lori

sandy said...

ooooh, So sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope you have a super-quick recovery. I'll pray for you. sandy

joyfullness said...

Fran..
I just saw that you left me a comment, so i thought i wold stop by for a visit!
I pray your body will be on the mend..lickety split!!
Love to you.
Joyfullness

we do date...thankyou!

June said...

From one bird lover to another, I have been enjying your blog today. This guy is a beauty. I wanted to thank you Fran for stopping by and leaving such a sweet note.
I love that picture that is your banner.
hugs

Unknown said...

Just when we need him, God always shows up. That is just a bummer that you have to deal with this bladder issue. We all have a story don't we Fran? I'm praying for you, for healing through and through.

Laurie in SC said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! It always helps to know there are others "out there" who understand!! Your blog is so attractive and interesting, I will definitely be back to visit again soon! I'll pray for you!

Anonymous said...

I hope your recovery is speedy. He most definitely sending the sweet birds your way, God is good!

Jennifer said...

Hi Fran, I'll be sending out your Easter egg this weekend and I hope it's something you like - YOU just think about healing! I love rusty things and making garden items with them. Have you checked out Cindee's Garden - she makes wonderful items! Get well, I'll keep you in my prayers, Jennifer