Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hola Chicas!!!!

Happy Birthday to THEBAGGLADY!!!


Thought I'd share what I did on my birthday with you!!! I got a new rusty bike for my yard!!


We spent the day in Holly, MI. Just walking through the town and going into the few shops that were open. We knew most of them would be closed but we didn't care. It was a beautiful day out!!! We got an old license plate and a couple of railroad thingys. I forgot what they are called!! LOL




Then from there we went to the Great Lakes National Veteran's Cemetery which is also located in Holly, MI. This has been there for sometime now but we had never seen it before. OH my goodness what beauty and what pride it gives you to be American.  We walked all over the whole thing! We sure saw alot of nature!! Deer, wild turkeys, and geese! It is so peaceful and the sad thing is they can do up to 10 funerals a day. The cool thing is husbands and wives can be buried together!!


Sim was in the Navy for 12 years. He loved this so much!!! He read everything!! When Sim saw this from the Navy Seabees he was almost like alittle boy jumping up and down!! I snapped this pic of him reading it to me. He said he wasn't a seabee but loved them!! His pride made me fall alittle more in love with him! Seeing some of it from his eyes was amazing!!! Sim and I were not married when he was in the Navy.


And believe it or not as we were leaving, this Sand Crane was just there eating and not paying any attention to us at all!! I LOVE the way the flags are in the background!!

So it ended up being a great birthday. I was so exhausted. I fell asleep around 7:00pm and around 9:30pm I woke up and started passing my kidney stone!!! I am still passing it and it is painful. But at least the surgery worked and I am on my way to healing!! Yay! Cuz I really want and need to be outside!! LOL

  
And I thought I'd share my newest sweet bunny pin cushion I made. It turned out so cute!! I love the little pom pom I made for the tail. I added this to my etsy shoppe last night. I know it's alittle late for Easter but it is too cute. Hope you're enjoying your day. I am!! The sun is shining. Keeping Texas in my prayers with all the storms and tornadoes they have been having.
 XOXO Love, Fran.

 


 



12 comments:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

LOLOL!! That had me laughing out loud but it really is a cute picture of you Fran! Happy Birthday to you, my sweet friend!

Sounds like a beautiful day together. My mom's family were Navy Seabees, my granddad and 2 of his sons were in the Navy. Two of them were Seabees but I can't remember which two. Awful that I don't know. That's a great picture of the sand crane with flags in the background! How neat that you saw some wildlife there as well.

So glad the surgery worked for you and you are on your way to healing, girl that is awesome! Sweet, sweet bunny pinkeep! Love that cute little pompom tail.

Have a fantastic week, sweet friend~

karen hess jewelry said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, dear Fran! So glad you had such an incredible day ~ WOW! Great memories and fab pictures. Looks like you got a great bday present with ridding your body of that stone! Yay!

Wish you all the health and happiness in this new birthday year ahead!
xoxo
Karen

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Love your new old bike and they bunny. I need to get over to Holy and wonder around soon!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
TO
YOU, Fran!!
Your little bike is cute! Go, Fran, Go! See, Fran, Go! LOL!
Fun day and bummer about the kidney stone. I've passed a couple of them myself. OUCH!!
Warmly,
deb

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Happy Birthday! So sorry we were closed when you came to town, I would have loved to see you again. Come again soon, Dawn

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Happy Birthday...From the looks of it you had a great Birthday..Love the trike how cute...

Glad that your surgery worked and you too will soon be feeling much better as soon as those old stones depart!

Take care and feel better!

Spring Blessings
Tonya

the old white house said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you Fran! Love the new bike... I think it fits you perfectly LOL
Have a beautiful Easter! t.xooxoxo

Leaon Mary said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day Fran! I especially love the pic of you riding your NEW vintage bike! lol You are one fun chicklet!

Awesome post...
and love that little bunnykins you made! xoxo L

Barb said...

HI Fran,
Looks like a fun day up until the kidney stone!!
I am glad you had a good time!
Barb

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Happy Belated Birthday Fran!! Big Hugs For You! And Have A Great Easter! Tee

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Happy Birthday Fran!! Looks like you had a remarkable day. Love you on the trike. Cute!
My dad was in the Navy. Not a Seebee--a submariner!
Glad your kidney stone is beginning to pass. Here's to good health!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady! You look so cute...and YOUNG on your little bike! What a fun gift. And I'm so glad you passed the kidney stone. That is the MOST painful thing in the world! I thought I was dying when I had one! Love your sweet bunny...I need to try to make one like that! Enjoy your week!