Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Upcycling, Organizing, Cleaning, ETC. ETC.


I have been seeing alot of these on line. For the longest time I have wanted to make one. On my vacation I found an old vintage Bobbsey Twins book and a Nance Drew one for 25 cents each. Well I just couldn't bring myself to use the Nancy Drew book. I still read them!! I'm not sure if I'm gonna trim out the cover or leave it as is. I just made it today. It is so easy and I love how it turned out!! It will hold things like this and business and Moo cards I get.
 

 
Awhile back Sim and I went on a hike behind an old abandoned Grain Elevator up in the thumb. I was so excited cuz there is a special dumping ground behind there with a lot of goodies!! Especially jars! And they aren't broken! I carried as much as I could! LOL I washed this one and added twine some grubby lace and a rusty washer I had found. I put some rusty pieces inside along with this pic of two old farmers I got in a box at an auction. I just love it!! I've got more bottles to play with too!!
 
 
I am not done with this display yet. But I wanted to show you some of the dishes I got for 10 cents each, and I got the vintage dish drainer for 25 cents. I plan on changing it out with the seasons. I'm gonna add some Fall yumminess to this one and then change it for Christmas I have some more dishes for that. Anyways I know I'll have fun with it.
 

I am in a year long monthly tag swap and this is the tag I made for August for my partner. I gathered goodies from the beach on Lake Huron from our vaca. I used my vintage typewriter that Sim got me this summer at a church sale for $5.00. I also have another one. I love the font on these old typewriters. I love the way it turned out.


The other day Brooke brought me a package from the mail and in it was this surprise from Trace' http://www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com/ It is one of her awesome mats with cherries on it!! I love cherries!! She also sent me some really groovey buttons that are owls and fall leaves!! I can't wait to use them.
I have been organizing and cleaning my closet into a pantry that Sim has fixed up for me. I haven't had a real pantry before so I am excited. We get our furnace fixed next week and he is going to remodel the hallway for me and I can not wait for that! I will definitely be posting about it!! It is gonna have barn wood and we are going to be painting too. I sold "Betty Bow Wow" to a sweet Michigan friend so I am working on another dog doll. I can not believe August is almost over!! It's gotten hot again so I am hoping I can keep my mojo up and keep on keeping on!! I would love to do some baking!!
XOXO Love, Fran.


4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I must be very behind as I haven't seen the book made into a "business card holder"...COOL!
Great finds in the yard! Nice tag with all the goodies on it.
Warmly,
deb

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Such great finds! How do you do it?

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hey Frannie!
Thanks so much for the package and loads of goodies inside! Did i tell you I was starting a sewing class next week? That little book you sent is very inspiring.
I also start a new job soon that'll have me on the computer ALOT. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with my blog. I'm guessing the last thing I'll want to do is get on the computer after being on it all day. I'll be typing court reports from home, so i'll still be able to stay home with the kids. There's 3-4 months of training too so it's intense.
Needless, I'll be checking others' blogs whether I keep mine or not.
My head's spinning from all the changes this past week has brought!
Thanks again, I LOVE the crow!!

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Fran I love all your collectables & your quest for new & old. Your creativity is endless! Go Girl! Hugs,Tee