Monday, January 9, 2012

I HAVE SOMETHING TO "CROW" ABOUT!!!

WOW!!!
I sure have missed blogging!! I started getting better from my surgery and then I got a really bad headache which actually made me lay low for a few days. And then I had to catch up!! LOL But in the mean time I wanted you to see what I have been working on for awhile!! This little beauty is going in my Etsy Shoppe today!! I have been designing this Crow Doll in my head for awhile. And I wanted to make a Raggedy Fran all sewed by hand! And here she is!! What do you think?


  This is her head and shoulders and you see the floss I used to sew her whole body. This is my own pattern. I grubbied everything up really good with my special coffee/spice mixture!! She smells yummy!!


I handmade her bagg out of a piece of white chenille bedspread that is really grubby. The rusty pop top is the only thing I used glue on. The strap and bagg part are all hand sewed in a blanket stitch.


I made her a grungey grubby Pin Apron. I pinned it on with big rusty safety pins. Her dress material I thrifted from a church sale. I love how she turned out. It was so funny when I was outside taking her pic there was a Crow in my Pine Tree Cawing!! I couldn't help but laugh!!!


I wanted to share with you a little Woolie Love gift I received from Trace at http://www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com/. She is such a sweetheart and just so full of love and fun!! I feel so blessed to have received one of her love gifts!! She has the best personality! She loves to create. She posted on her blog about crocheting. BUT she calls it CROW-HOOKY! I love it!! Since I love Crows I picked right up on what she calls it!! LOL


So, I thought I would share with you what I am going to CROW-HOOKY!! I realized that I don't share what I get thrifting alot with you. On Friday Sim and I went to the Salvation Army store. I found this really cool hat in the picture. Brand new and all made for me!! Yay!! I remembered I had seen that color yarn at the store a few weeks ago. So I went and got it and I am going to CROW-HOOKY a scarf for me!! I'm not the best at crocheting but I can do scarves.

I also wanted to show you what you can do with upcycling!! This is the end of our porch and it is a weathered pallet Sim brought home from work. Pallets are so available and used so much. We have a pallet on each end of our porch.



And this is another pallet Sim got from shipping from the store. He cut it up to the lengths he needed and made this shelf unit for his garage. It was a bigger pallet and not as weathered as the one on the porch. Amazing isn't it for a little bit of time Sim has a new shelf for the garage with no money spent!! I thank God for the little things He provides us with. We are so blessed and live a good life. Watch out you may never look at a pallet the same again!! LOL I am so glad to be blogging and seeing what everyone has been up to. Happy New Year a week late!!
XO Fran. 


12 comments:

Trace4J said...

WooooHoooo I love it. Great job Fran! What a cool idea. So glad you like to crow hooky too. Great idea of Sims too.
I also wanted to say I love the picture of your girls too.
Have a wonderful day friend.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Mary said...

Way to go!! I love the shelves. Perfect for the utility or storage room. That is why I dug in my heels and insisted on a van instead of a car when we bought our last auto. Now I can look for goodies like these.
Mary

the old white house said...

Your crow girl is so cool Fran! You and Sim are both loaded with talent, between you prim designs and his repurposed carpentry work, you could have your own shop! I could sure use some pallet shelves over here :)
Take care, I'm glad that you are feeling better. t.xoxoxoox

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Caaaw! Caaaw! Definitely something to crow about! Your crow doll is adorable. You did a great job.
I used pallets for Christmas presents. I hope to blog about them this week.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh, your crow doll is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE her!.. Glad you're feeling better, and best wishes to you and yours for a blessed and very Happy New Year! ~tina

Unknown said...

I have missed you!
You are so good at the "scrubby grubby thing" I just love it.

I have been working on my Three Bears Bedroom and getting ready to show a peek or two. It's a bit grubby as you must know. The main issue is the Three Bears and their big paws...it makes the room delightfully grubby! Snowflake Fran just sits on the old barn cupboard watching it all...

karen hess jewelry said...

You were so missed, dear friend! So glad you're feeling better and back to "sharing" with us! You sure do have something to "crow" about...your doll is absolutely the most charming creature I've seen!! I'm sure she won't last long in your shop! Have a beautiful week!
xoxo
Karen

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

She is definitely something to crow about... adorable crow you made! I just love her outfit and bagg, all the detail that you gave it is darling!

How wonderful that you found some yarn to match the hat, that's really cool! It's pretty colors.

Neat pallet pieces that you have! I wish my hubby was creative like that. Sim did a great job on his shelf! With it being a heavy pallet, his shelf will probably withstand more than the ones you can buy at the store!

Looking forward to following along your blog this year. Have a fantastic week~

Becky said...

Your crow doll is so adorable. You did a great job. I am a new follower.
Stop by my blog sometime.
Becky at Ginger Creme Hollow

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran,
Thanks for hopping over to my blog and I am soooo glad you like your tag! I am sure I will love mine just as much...now I will have my nose pressed against the window every time the mailman comes by, lol.
Hugs,
Elisabet
P.S. Love your blog...too cute!

Leaon Mary said...

clapclapclapclap that is DEFINITELY something to crow about! I love your hand stitchin too! One splendid looking crowgirl! The pallet shelf is awesome too! Go Simm!
Welcome back dear Fran! I'm so happy you're feeling better and back to prim makin and bloggin again!
Love that hat and aint that Trace a doll?! Prim blessings from the Shed!

Leaon Mary said...

Just looked through your Etsy.
:)
You crow girl!!